Terms & Conditions
By playing Room of Riddles you are indicating you have read and understood each provision and agree to all of the following:
- Children below 18 years old must be accompanied by adults.
- Due to the nature of the services, people with heart conditions, hypertension, claustrophobia or similar conditions, as well as expectant mothers, may not participate.
- As we dedicate your time-slot specially to you and your team, a booking and payment upfront is required. After your booking we directly confirm your reservation and send all the information you need via e-mail. Cancellations can be made up until 7x24 hours before your chosen time slot, in which case a full refund is given (minus 5 euro admin. fee per booking). After this deadline (or in case of a no-show), we cannot refund any money.
- You participate in the services offered by Room of Riddles on your own responsibility. Room of Riddles has no direct control on what happens before, during and after the game and shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages, personal injuries or property loss arising from or in any way connected to participating in or using the services and/or facilities of Room of Riddles.
- You release Room of Riddles, its employees or any person acting on behalf of Room of Riddles from all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of any kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with the above mentioned, including attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your negligence, breach of these Terms, or violation of any Dutch law or the rights of a third party.
- Dutch law governs these terms and conditions and in case of any dispute only a Dutch court is authorised.
The following points are applicable to the Room of Riddles City Challenge:
- You are responsible for the care of the rented material, which are the tablets on which the game is played
- In case the tablet(s) get(s) broken, the following costs will be charged to you:
- In case of limited damage due to falls or hard hits, like bumps or scratches on the screen: €50,-
- In case of severe damage due to falls or hard hits, like a broken screen: €100,-
- In case of a complete broken device, for example due to a fall or due to water damage: €200,-
- In case the tablet(s) is/are lost, you will be charged €200,- per tablet
- In case the tablet(s) is/are stolen, you are required to declare this at the authorities, in this case the police of Amsterdam. In case the device is stolen due to the lack of supervision, you wil be charged €200,- per tablet
- In case you steal the tablet(s), Room of Riddles will declare this at the authorities with the information of your reservation.
The following points are applicable to the Room of Riddles Escape Games:
- Mobile phones, cameras, laptops, tablets, recorders, paper, pencils, pens, keys, dangerous items (e.g. knifes, flammables and explosives) food and drinks (list is not exhaustive) are strictly not permissible in the game room.
- People under influence of alcohol and/or drugs are not allowed to play the game. Room of Riddles remains the right to deny the access to the game for this reason, without giving a refund.
- Objects marked with red tape are out of bound and do not contain any clues, so please do not touch (and waste your time on) these.
- All objects in the room must be handled with care. In order to play the game, there is no need to use force on any of the props, neither to look behind the closets or paintings on the wall. It is not necessary and prohibited to touch any of the electricity wires.
- Everything in the room is proprietary information of Room of Riddles. Any disclosure or use of the concept to a third party (specifically including a competitor) is strictly prohibited.
- In case any of the players need or want to leave the room immediately for any reason, there is an extra key available in the envelope on the door.